Coupled with the proliferation of WebKit-based browsers and the need for a cost-effective solution that supports cross-platform application development, many believe that HTML5 is shaping to be the standard development tool of the future.
Early adopters of HTML5 have been experiencing a wide variety of benefits, namely:
- A cleaner, more readable and consistent HTML code that is transferable across environments by default
- Application distribution channels that go beyond the different app stores and their time-consuming and limiting restrictions
- Use of advanced UI components such as data pickers, sliders, edit boxes that automatically support ellipsis and others
- Use of CSS3 styles and CSS3-based animation to reduce app size and improve its responsiveness
- Access to rich media types (audio and video) available before via native code only
- Support for geo-location services
- Offline storage capabilities
Sencha Touch – The Best HTML5 Mobile Web App Framework
Sencha Touch allows you to develop mobile web apps that look and feel native on iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry touch devices.